- Volunteer for a leading animal welfare charity
- Project Volunteer role
- Burwood location
About the RSPCA
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Victoria) is a non-government, community based charity that works to prevent cruelty to animals by actively promoting their care and protection.
RSPCA Victoria was established in Melbourne in 1871. Since this time, the RSPCA has become Australia’s leading animal welfare charity.
Volunteers are an integral part of the RSPCA team. They play an active and vital role in helping to support our work to improve the welfare of animals, and protect them from cruelty and neglect. Volunteering involves commitment, dedication and passion.
About the role
The Development Team at RSPCA Victoria is responsible for major donation campaigns and fundraising and this volunteer role will support this important function of RSPCA Victoria
This role will support the Development Team by processing and receipting RSPCA Victoria donations. Although activities will focus consistently on processing of donations, other activities may include related administrative tasks such as database maintenance and mailing.
Role duties & responsibilities
- Processing high volume of financial donations that support important animal welfare work.
- Assisting with the receipting of supporters, and important administration.
- Other activities as agreed such as data entry, mailouts, general administration
Skills & experience required
- Intermediate computer experience
- Intermediate excel experience
- A high attention to detail
- A can-do, positive attitude
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Accounting or Finance experience
How to apply
Click Apply Online to submit your volunteer application. Please make sure you have read the Role Profile by clicking View Position Description in the top right-hand corner.
Remember to have your current resume, CV or summary of experiences ready to submit with your application, and prepare to answer the question which will ask you to outline your motivation for applying for this role, and your relevant skills and experience addressing the requirements section of the Role Profile.