- Volunteer for a leading animal welfare charity
- Volunteer Support Assistant role
- Burwood location
- Monday, Thursday or Friday shift
About the RSPCA
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Victoria) is a non-government, community based charity that works to prevent cruelty to animals by actively promoting their care and protection.
Volunteers are an integral part of the RSPCA team. They play an active and vital role in helping to support our work to improve the welfare of animals, and protect them from cruelty and neglect. Volunteering involves commitment, dedication and passion.
About the role
This role would suit a volunteers who have competent administration skills and an interest in gaining experience and/or making a contribution to the administration of a volunteer program. This role is availible to people able to volunteer on a Monday, Thiursday or Friday
Role duties & responsibilities
In this role, the Volunteer Support Assistant will be responsible for the following administrative activities:
- Assisting volunteer recruitment activities such as: updating presentation content, preparing attendee lists
- Assisting with volunteer placement tasks, such as: entering and updating volunteer records on the database, sending confirmation emails, preparing name badges
- Providing courteous, professional and timely responses to general volunteer enquiries
- Assisting with maintaining volunteer records, both hard copy and electronic
- Participating in support for volunteer recruitment events when available
- Contributing to VET meetings when available
Skills & experience required
To be successful in this role, the volunteer will possess the following necessary skills and attributes:
Great time management and organisational skills
- Strong computer and Microsoft Office capabilities, particularly excel, word and outlook
- Excellent communication skills over electronic communications including email
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and as part of a small team
- “Can do” attitude
- Skills in writing and editing content
- Current or recent RSPCA Volunteer experience
- Occasional flexibility with days/times would be helpful
How to apply
Click Apply Online to submit your volunteer application. Please make sure you have read the Role Profile by clicking View Position Description in the top right-hand corner.
Remember to have your current resume, CV or summary of experiences ready to submit with your application, and prepare to answer the question which will ask you to outline your motivation for applying for this role, and your relevant skills and experience addressing the requirements section of the Role Profile.